SUELLYN HUNTER-STUDENT OF THE MONTH

Stephanie Reckling, Executive Staff

Congratulations to Suellyn Hunter, who represents the 7th-grade February student of the month!

Suellyn is 13 years old and has a brother and two dogs. She adores animals, of any kind, and strives to be a Veterinarian when she grows up.

Suellyn is a dedicated person, both academically and non-academically. Outside of school, Suellyn devotes her time to reading, singing, acting, and volunteering. Coming soon, at the end of April, she will perform in “Storyville”, a children’s production at Tarleton State University. She has a passion for helping others and currently volunteers with Raceway Ministries, at Texas Motor Speedway, the local food bank in Gorman, Meals on Wheels of Erath County and Special Olympics in Stephenville.  

No matter the hefty extra curriculum schedule, Suellyn handles her school work with grace and success.

Suellyn’s teachers were happy to praise her work.  Mr. Carter says, “Suellyn gives of herself and her time with Special Olympics in Stephenville!”  Mr. Hamrick speaks of a memory of Suellyn: “I met Suellyn for the first time at the FENCES project, and I was blown away by her energy and enthusiasm! Can’t wait to see her in my history classes!”  Mrs. Mount commends that “Suellyn is a consistent attender and particpator in LL. She works so hard to do her best and is a helpful and encouraging classmate to others.”  Finally, Mr. Ausdemore say of Suellyn, “Suellyn is perhaps the most selfless student I have, constantly complimenting the other students around her. She is an absolute joy to teach.” 

About the Writer
Stephanie Reckling, College Section Editor

Hello! My name is Stephanie Reckling, but you can call me Steph. I am a Senior at iUniversity Prep, I can not believe that this is my last year of highschool! Time sure flies, I realize that more now than ever. I am the editor of the college board section of the iHoot Newspaper. Although I have a great appreciation and love for writing, my number one passion lies in art. When I am not in school, there is an 80 percent chance that I am either painting, sculpting, animating, or sketching.