TOP FIVE MOVIES TO SEE IN 2018

Here are the top 5 movies to see this year!

Abbey Copeland, Staff Writer

The year of 2018 has already seen a fare share of amazing movies just months into the year. Critics are amazed as to why this particular year has already produced some of the most highly acclaimed movies. Just a couple months ago Black Panther was released along with millions of five star reviews next to their 97% Rotten Tomatoes score. Seeing that it is only the beginning of 2018 we are bound to see a mountain of great movies in the coming months. Here are the top five movies nobody should miss in 2018.

Starting with Avengers Infinity War, which is planned to make its appearance on April 27th. This movie has had loads of build up in the last several months, one of the major ones being the release of Black Panther. Not only has it been predicted that this movie will break all box office records in the opening weekend, but to reach a total of around two billion in profit! That’s insane, since no movie has ever reached this amount of profit, however with the integration of Guardian of the Galaxy into the Avengers universe anything seems to be possible. This second movie is one that fans have been anxiously awaiting for years. Being this is the one and only The Incredibles 2. Now it has been quite some time since the release of the previous film, though fans had been speculating a comeback for years now and the time has finally come. The wait is almost over seeing that this movie is set to release on June 15th. This next film has arguably been around since the 90s due to the new ones being based off of the original. That would mean this film would be Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Since the start of the original movie fans haven’t been able to let go of this beloved franchise. I mean, who doesn’t like dinosaurs? Like the originals, this movie is set to be a trilogy ending with the third movie in 2021, however the second has yet to come and is made to be released on June 22nd, while featuring some of the original cast.

The fourth movie on the list is still quite a ways away from this point, though nevertheless it should be on your list of must see movies. This is the new adaptation of The Grinch. You can probably understand why I said it was so far off from this point, however this movie has already released its trailer on YouTube where you can see it for yourself. The Grinch as a whole has been needing a fresh revival for a while now and seeing that the voice of the Grinch himself is none other than Benedict Cumberbatch, audiences will surely fall in love with the new side of the story which comes out on November 9th. This would bring us to the last movie on the top five lists being Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Since the first prequel of the Harry Potter series made its appearance in 2016, fans have been anxiously awaiting the second film of the five part series. This is none other than Crimes of Grindelwald, which features all of the beloved characters from the previous instalment along with some new but old faces. However like The Grinch this movie is set to release on November 16th, which means more waiting for the fans, but there is no doubt this movie will be worth waiting for in the next few months.

2018 has yet to disappoint people in terms of great movies, from all the amazing instalments that have already taken the stage, to the new ones who have yet to make their full appearance. The movies listed above are by no means all the highly anticipated films of the year, so be ready to be thrilled with what awaits in the coming months.

“Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2018 (Hollywood).” Zobello Blog, blog.zobello.com/top-10-most-anticipated-hollywood-movies-of-2018/.

https://www.paperrater.com/proofreader/proof_results?ticket=e64f2d2084e49ad77da9b1df4