OWLS AT THE ALAMO

The largest gathering ever held by iUniversity Prep

Kati Moffett

A huge group of over 60 iUniversity Prep members at the Alamo!

On November 8, 2019, San Antonio area Owls set a new record for the most students to attend a face-to-face gathering at iUniversity Prep. The event was hosted at the Alamo and held close to 60 students and family members. We were guided by Mr. Hamrick, who was dressed up and acting as William Barrett Travis. Our group was so large that strangers started trickling in to join the tour. They even decided to pose in most of our photos. This function was part of a new club here at iUP: the Austin/San Antonio Meet-Up club.
It all started when Mr. Carter and I had a vision. We saw the desperate need for school functions in South Texas. As a resident of San Antonio, I found it extremely difficult to travel to Dallas. So, when Mr. Carter said he’d be willing to travel to my neck of the woods every semester to host these events, I was thrilled. We’ve clearly had a tremendous turn-out, and of course, we have a blast. The best part is, it’s never too late to join!

We’d like as many students as possible to be involved in this club. If you’re interested, please complete the following:

Remind:

Mr. Carter has created a Remind group to notify you of every time we have a virtual or face to face meeting. To join the group, please text @6he4498 to 81010.

Don’t have a phone? No worries! Just go to www.remind.com on your school device and create an account. Then, choose the option to “join a class” and type in @6he4498.

Now that you’ve signed up for Remind, you’ll always be in touch with the group and will never miss a beat!

Have questions or want to recommend a face to face meeting location within the area? Please utilize the following contact information:

Mr. Carter (club administrator)
Email Address- neely.carter@gcisd.net
Phone Number- 817-527-1208

Kati Moffett (club student helper)
Email Address- mof6028@gcisdstudents.net

Please also save Mr. Carter’s live lesson link, so you’ll know where to go when we have virtual meetings in his classroom-
http://ww3.livelesson.com/neelycarter/