• Look at all the amazing articles written by our awesome writers!
  • For iUP info, visit the virtual vine
  • Follow us on Instagram @ihootnewspaper

IUNIVERSITY PREP NAMED AS #1 HIGH SCHOOL IN GCISD

How iUP Achieved the Top Spot
Anika Goswami

iUniversity Prep has recently been named the #1 high school in the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District by U.S. News and World Report. Being ranked as the top high school in the entire district, iUP must have something that sets it apart from other schools. What makes iUP the optimal choice for students? Let’s dive into it.

A Unique Virtual Learning Model

iUniversity Prep is a virtual college-prep magnet school for students in 5th-12th grade in the state of Texas. It offers a convenient online learning model with engaging curriculum and flexible schedules, adjusting perfectly to the needs of students. iUP has all of the resources to optimize a student’s learning environment. With that in mind, whether you’re looking for a school that leaves plenty of time for you to pursue your own interests or simply need a change from the traditional schooling model, iUniversity Prep can be just the right fit for you.

What makes iUP Different?

Since iUP is not a traditional brick and mortar school, the school is designed to sustain an effective and efficient online learning model. iUP has been a school for over 10 years now, leading to the advanced learning systems being put in place. iUP teachers have experience with this kind of online model, and they know what students need. This allows iUP to offer a personalized virtual learning experience to each and every student, so Owls can gain all of the benefits of traditional schooling from the comfort of their own home.

Why iUP?

iUP is an amazing community of supportive students and teachers which welcomes new enrollees. The school offers on level and advanced classes, as well as a variety of student-led clubs. In addition to this, iUP often hosts in-person meetups for owls to socialize and meet their classmates and teachers. This ensures that students don’t miss out on the benefits of in-person schools without a decrease in quality of education in the virtual setting.

When I first came to iUP in my 6th grade year, I was amazed at how organized and efficient everything was. The courses, live lessons, and clubs were all meticulously planned out and arranged for convenient access for students. Additionally, I was welcomed by supportive and friendly peers who made my first year at iUP unforgettable.

iUP student Sreenidhi Rudraraju loves the flexible schedules offered by the school. “iUniversity Prep students have more control over their schedule, and I think that’s great, especially for athletes or students that travel a lot,” she stated. One of iUP’s key features is that it leaves room for students to operate on their own schedules, making it a prime choice for anyone who desires more time for non-academic pursuits while still achieving a quality education.

Isabella Vasquez is another iUP student who loves the way iUP lessons are structured. “I feel like here at iUP, there’s less stress and more flexibility,” she says. iUP’s courses allow for a more flexible schedule, which reduces students’ stress levels. When iUP students don’t feel the intense pressure of schoolwork deadlines, they can adopt a more efficient work ethic and still make time for non-academic commitments.

As you can see, iUP has an incredibly well designed virtual model. The comfort of students is always a priority when coordinating virtual and in-person activities, ensuring that iUP is a supportive and welcoming environment for its students.

Teachers Make iUP a Special Place to Be

Aside from offering an amazing academic experience for students, iUniversity Prep is also a wonderful place for teachers. iUP teachers can hold live lessons from home, since school activities take place virtually. This flexible schedule allows them the freedom to organize their teaching agenda in a way that works best for them.

Mrs. Griffin teaches Spanish classes at iUniversity Prep. “We don’t just teach content; we ensure that we reach the heart of each person by making sure they are seen and heard as individuals,” she said. “What makes working at iUP truly exceptional is our shared passion and love for positively impacting students’ lives,” she goes on to say. I truly believe that iUP’s success as a school is largely due to how passionate the teachers are about educating students. With comprehensive curriculum and live lessons, they are committed to making a difference in students’ lives. 

In addition to this, iUP places heavy emphasis on building meaningful relationships between Owls.  “I love how intentional iUP is about creating opportunities for students to engage with their peers and teachers beyond the screen, providing in-person study groups, meet-ups, and events all over the state of Texas,” Mrs. Griffin stated. iUP recognizes the importance of building connections between students and teachers, so there is no shortage of in-person events for Owls looking to meet each other outside of a virtual setting.

iUP History teacher Mr. Hannon also loves how dedicated the staff members are to helping students succeed. “I have never worked with a more intelligent and enthusiastic group of educators like this,” he stated. It is a teacher’s job to teach students and prepare them for the road ahead. But what differentiates a good teacher is the willingness to help their students in any way they can, and iUP teachers do just that! Not only do they constitute a supportive working environment, but they also strive to do as much as they can to help iUP students succeed in their academic journey.

Mrs. Matthews teaches Language Arts and Technology Applications at iUP. “I love teaching at iUP because it is such a uniquely positive and innovative school. I love that I can act as a mentor to students that are needing a flexible schedule to pursue their personal goals, and I love the flexibility that iUP offers me and my family,” she says. Mrs. Matthews goes on to say, “Every teacher is willing to help and go above and beyond to help students succeed,” showcasing the teachers’ passion for helping students achieve their personal best.

iUniversity Prep Algebra teacher Mrs. Dehnel loves teaching at iUP because she has “the ability to meet with individuals more and really give them the time they need.” iUP’s focus on meeting the personalized needs of each and every student is what makes the learning environment so supportive and inclusive. The commitment to making sure owls get the most out of their academic experience showcases the passion and effort that goes into planning each and every detail of iUP.

Conclusion

iUniversity Prep has a lot to offer its students. From an enriching virtual learning experience to an engaging, well structured curriculum, iUP has it all. In addition to this, an owlsome community of students and professors are there to support you at every corner. If you ever feel stuck, not to worry! Your fellow owls have got you covered. Last but most definitely not least, iUP’s courses are designed to offer a flexible schedule while still ensuring that students reach their full academic potential, making it the perfect option for new and returning Owls alike.

Works Cited:

Usnews.com, https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/districts/grapevine-colleyville-independent-school-district/iuniversity-prep-157183. Accessed 9 May 2024.

*Quotes adjusted for grammar and spelling