PREPARING FOR SUCCESS

https://pixabay.com/p-538725/?no_redirect

Hadley Doyle, Staff Writer

What are your goals for your life? Do you want to be successful or mediocre? If you want to be successful you have to prepare in order to be successful. Do you ever see an athlete that hasn’t prepared well enough or cut corners and they still came out on top? No, most of the time the people on top have worked hard to prepare to earn that spot.

“Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation.” -Zig Ziglar   The definition of the word “prepare” means to “Make something ready for use of consideration.” So, if you prepare you are formulating a plan for success. What does your preparation or plan to prepare for success look like? It differs for everyone, it depends on your goals and dreams. If you want to be a successful businessman that plan to be successful is going to be completely different than from what an athlete’s plan is to be successful. Take just a little bit of time every month (just 5-10 minutes) to prepare a plan. Think about your goals for short term and long term and write them down then a way on your plan to be successful. Every month go back and see if you accomplished those goals and if not then think of why not. When you write out your goals and how to reach them you are planning your success. You are preparing yourself for success.

If you want to be successful no one said it’s going to come easy but, if you prepare a plan it is going to become easier. Prepare to be successful by working hard everyday on getting one step closer to your dreams. Don’t settle to just be average in either your job, your sport, or whatever you want to be successful in. When you prepare, success comes along with preparing.