PROJECT THANKFUL 2017

What are iUPrep Owls thankful for?

Gratitude produces a more meaningful life. When it comes to life meaning, nothing compares to living a life of gratitude. When you are truly grateful, you find yourself living with greater purpose and passion. Being grateful will give you meaning because it allows you to capture the full essence of every moment.

This Thanksgiving season, iHoot is initiating an initiative called Project Thankful. Owls have the opportunity to share what they’re thankful for. They can sign their name, or remain anonymous.

ateo you want to share what you’re thankful for? Click here to let us know and your response will be posted!

Here’s what our Owls have to say:

“I’m thankful for meeting family members and friends and Thanksgiving break!!!” – Jordan Story

“I’m thankful for my wonderful parents, incredible teachers, and the multitude of opportunities that are given to me at iUP! <3” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for the good health of me and my family.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for caffeine and my family and friends (but mostly caffeine)” – Sarah Jagnow

“I am thankful for having teachers who are willing to help, TedxKids@SMU, pie, and green bean casserole.” – Jordan Story

“I’m thankful that I get such a wonderful education and have time to do other things that I enjoy (such as swimming).” – Jaci Pope

“I’m thankful that I got the opportunity to come to iUniversity Prep.” -Lorraine Wade

“I’m thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life.” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for my new friends.” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for the future and hope.” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for all the opportunities I’ve gotten this year, like fostering (and hopefully adopting) my baby sister, getting lead roles in productions, being an iUPrep student, and being apart of Speak Up Speak Out and getting to change and impact the world little by little.” – Allison Perilman

“I’m thankful for getting to spend lots of time with my family. I know some people who rarely get to see their parents, and it makes me really appreciate the fact that I get to see my family every single day.” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for my teachers at iUPrep!” – Anonymous

“I’m so thankful for my family, friends, pets, good health, and students and staff at iUP. This is the best place to be!” – Cheri Palmer

“I am thankful for good teachers, coaches, and friends. I am also very thankful for my wonderful family who are so kind and helpful, and they are my very best friends.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for the friends I have made, and the friends that I get to celebrate the season with.” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for my great family, an amazing school, and supportive teachers.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for my family, they always support me and tell me to never give up. I am thankful to be a daughter to my mom and dad.” – Ella Lozier

I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family, and of course theatre!” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for my family.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for my amazing parents who are so supportive of me in every way! I am also thankful for my sister, who is my best friends, and I love so much. I am so grateful for my two kitties, Anna and Elsa. I am thankful for my wonderful friends that I get to dance with every day. I am so so grateful to be a dancer; dance brings so much joy into my life. Lastly, I am thankful for God. Without Him none of this would be possible!” – Grace Eberflus

“I’m thankful for family, music, and airplanes. – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for family and friends.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for the sacrifices my parents make everyday to make me happy.” – Jaydn Decuir

“I am thankful for freedom, health, and food. Family, sports, friends, chocolate, sugar, tea, glitter, sparkles, justice, hair clips, make-up, no braces, nail polish, books, stuffed animals, trophies, dolls, money, shoes, lights, jewelry, jacks, socks, and underwear. And slime!” – Maya Dutta

“I am thankful for the amazing support I got when I made the big move from Austin to Dallas. There were many stressful days and lots of breakdowns with lots of tears, but the most important people stood by my side the whole time.” – Anonymous

“Some of the things I am thankful for are my cousins and other family, my dogs, the ability to play the oboe, and the ability to do online school.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for cereal because it is delicious.” – Anonymous (Author’s Note: ok same though)

“I am thankful for the wonderful people I work with at iUniversity Prep :)” – Anonymous

“I’m thankful for my wife and daughters, incredible Owl students, the best job and boss ever, the Stephenville Boys, and tickets to the Horns vs. Red Raiders.” – Mr. Carter

“I am thankful for amazing students that are all unique and amazing in their own way. I am thankful for the opportunity to work with each of them to help them meet their individual goals! I am also thankful that I get to wear ‘active wear’ or ‘PJs” everyday!” – Mrs. W

“I am thankful for going to TEDx, spending time with family, being able to get ahead on school, fun live lessons, and so much more.” – Anonymous

“I am seriously thankful for my family, they always support me and I love them so much.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful that I have all the items I need and want.” – Nathan Travis

“I am thankful for the smell of winter, which is kind of odd, but it always makes me smile!” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for my dogs!!!” – Anonymous

I am thankful that I can do the things that I do without any health restrictions and that I have an amazing family that supports me.” – Naysa Kamau

“I am thankful for every gift we get and every joyful year.” – Sachin Kommineni

“I am thankful for my teachers, my coaches, my family, my friends, and swimming.” – Sonia Vaishnani

“I am thankful for the ability to do school the way I need. I have medial stuff and mental issues at the moment and I can work the schedule I need here, so if I have to go to the doctor, or I just feel too terrible to do anything, I can wait.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for my mental health actually getting better!! I’m not as anxious and stressed out!” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for supportive family, wonderful friends, too many blessings to count!” – Suzanne McFarland

“I’m thankful for friends.” – Mabel Schlenker

“I am thankful for shelter, my parents’ jobs and work ethic so they can pay for dance, food, and transportation, and iUPrep :)” – Emma Johnson

“I am thankful that I am healthy, happy, at iUPrep, that I play tennis, eat good food cooked by my mom, and that I have a sister! I am thankful for a lot of things but the list is way too long. 🙂” – Enya Ratkic

“I am thankful for my mom and sister.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful for having food and water. For church and happiness! I am thankful for being able to dance everyday!” – Ana Barros

“I am thankful for my family and my loved ones.” – Anonymous

“I am thankful that I have the opportunity to do virtual school this year.” – Ethan Rincones

“I am thankful for my family, friends, and teachers.” – Beatrice Reyes

“This Thanksgiving season, I am thankful for many things. In September, my new baby niece, Kenley was born! She is such a big blessing in our family and we are all incredibly thankful for her! We have no idea what our life would now be like without her. I’m also very thankful for my family’s support and love towards each other. I love that I have such a close bond with the rest of my family. I’m thankful that my family and I are all very healthy and are so blessed. As well as my family, I’m also thankful for my friends. I’m so lucky to have great friends by my side to support and love me! Last, but CERTAINLY not least, I’m so so thankful for dance. Dance is my passion and I can’t imagine what my life would be without it. Dance is something in my life that brings me so much joy and happiness, so I’m so thankful for dance.” – Lainey Myers

“I am thankful for my MOM!” – Andie Lyles

“I am thankful for forgiveness.” – Nathan Richards

“I am thankful that I am able to dance and do what I love everyday. I am thankful that my feet and ankle problems did not end up stopping me from pointe work. I am thankful that I have a wonderful and caring family who supports me and helps me through hard times. I am thankful for my dog. I am thankful for all of the things we take for granted everyday, having a roof overhead, having food, being able to walk, talk, hear, use our bodies, and so many other things.” – Alexa S.

I am thankful for the life of radical freedom God has given me.” – Joshua Hinshaw

Wow! Getting to read all of these messages of hope, gratefulness, and simple silliness is so touching and is getting me ready to spend this holiday with friends and family! More responses will be posted as they come in. What are you thankful for this November? Let us know on the form or in the comments below!