3 DIY PROJECTS

Here are three super fun DIYs to try!

Back to Article
Back to Article

3 DIY PROJECTS

Hattie Cox, Staff Writer

Have you ever had a day where you just feel very bored? Maybe you had already finished school for the day, or maybe it was the weekend and it felt as if there was literally nothing to do. But wait, why not be crafty and create some of your own making? Here’s a few examples to help keep you busy!

#1 Make a spoon lamp – All you need is an old lamp, a hot glue gun, a few boxes of plastic spoons, and scissors. First, you have to cut the handles off of all the spoons, turn the hot glue gun on,  and set out all of your supplies out on a table, (probably a kitchen one). Once all of your supplies are out, get ready to start gluing your spoons to the lamp. Start at the bottom and work your way up. When you are finished, you’ll have an elegant looking lamp that didn’t cost you an arm and a leg.

#2 Update an old pair of shoes – Everyone’s got an old raggedy pair a shoes laying in the bottom of their closet. You can give them a whole new look in a few steps. All you’ll need is your shoes, a stencil, (homemade or bought), markers or paint, and a tarp or towel. First, you set out your towel and place your shoes on top of it. Then, get your stencil and place it on top of the shoes, and then get your markers or paint and then paint over the stencil. Allow to dry then pull the stencil away, and there you have it! A (somewhat) new pair of shoes.

#3 Toilet paper roll art – Want some fancy wall art but don’t have exactly the right amount of money? All you need for this project are toilet paper rolls, a hot glue gun, scissors, towels, and spray paint or just a type of paint. Lay your towels out, and then cut the toilet paper rolls into fourths. Then, fold the fourths in half, then spray paint them whatever color you’d like. Lastly, hot glue them into the shape you want the art to be, then allow to dry. Then, you’re good to go!