UNT ENGINEERING TRIP

Explore, Discover, Create. How iUP Helps Students Consider New Careers

We went where? Did what? Yes! iUniversity Prep may be a virtual school but we still have our field trips- including the one to UNT where we visited and explored the Engineering Department. We had multiple students, led by Mr. Wennersten, attend the tour. I got to interview some students that attended along with Mr. Wennersten! First off Ms. Sophia Endert one of our student interviewees told us why they went on this trip “the purpose of this trip was to inform students of many career paths that they could take in the science technology field. It was very informative covering jobs from game design to biotechnology.”

The students also were able to explore a lot of what the engineering program has to offer. “We toured the UNT engineering campus which included getting to see their machine shop, race-car, programming department, microscope labs, robotics lab, and sound lab.  We were able to see and enter a sound proof room, which was interesting in that the sound within the room itself was muffled.” Multiple interesting things happened on this trip and when asked if she would go this trip again Ms. Sophia Endert responded “Yes, for sure I would go on this trip again because I would love to get a closer look on the robots and game design section!

Over all, the trip was successful, students and even the teachers were able to learn new things. Our students also benefited from this field trip from getting to meet each other or new people they hadn’t talked to before. Hopefully UNT will allow iUPrep to go on this trip again. With that being said I encourage many of you to join!   10599493_759400210772752_8922378280329493876_n

iUniversity Prep Facebook Page