• April 6Student Kuddos: Shout out to Kirsten White for actively participating! -Tatiana McClung

• April 6iHoot has been made possible by a grant from the GCISD Education Foundation. Thank you for your support!

JADON EDWARDS- STUDENT OF THE MONTH

Stephanie Reckling, Executive Staff

Congratulations to Jadon Edwards, who represents the 9th-grade February student of the month!

Jadon moved to Texas seven years ago, all the way from London, England! To keep a hold of his British roots, says his mother, Gillian Edwards, “he still practices his British accent with Mom and Dad (or is that Mum and Dad?)”. His accents do not end here, he can also speak with a Texan accent, as well as a Jamaican patois.

Jadon also keeps up with the Brits in his die-hard love for soccer. His favorite team is Arsenal F.C., which is an English Premier League team, based in London. He is not only a fan of soccer, he participates, as a goalkeeper. Once, he had the privilege of training with his favorite team!

When he’s not preventing teams from scoring goals, he devotes himself to doing well in school and enjoying his favorite hobbies. Jadon plays the saxophone and reads novels. Mrs. Edwards says, “[Jadon] really is an insomniac and has trouble putting a good book down”.

This is Jadon’s second year with iUniversity Prep. Since he loves traveling, the flexibility of iUprep works wonderfully for him.

If you are looking for some support or help, Jadon is a wonderful person to ask! Mrs. Edwards says, “even if he can’t help, at least he’ll make you smile”.

Several teachers praised Jadon’s work at iUPrep.  Here’s what they had to say about 

Mrs. Alsobrook: Jadon is an outstanding art student. He regularly attends Live Lessons and is quick to jump on the mic and share. When he creates art projects, Jadon’s attention to the process as well as the product is very apparent.

Mr. Hamrick: One thing I regret this year: I don’t have Jadon in class anymore. Luckily, he’s on my list for World History next year!

Mrs. Weiche: Jadon is always willing to help others. He often gets on the mic and volunteers in class even if he isn’t sure of the answer. He will encourage others to do the same. He works ahead and reaches out when he needs help.

Mrs. Mount: Jadon consistently turns in quality work, attends events, and reaches out for help when he needs it. He loves to help others as well.

Mr. Wennersten: Jadon went out of his way to help another student with a Mac for over 30 minutes in the live lesson room. I had another live lesson starting, so he exchanged numbers with the other student to continue helping her. Jadon participates during live lessons and volunteers to get on the mic to work out problems.

Mr. Ausdemore: Jadon has been one of the most professional students I’ve taught in this environment- always on task, participating, and helping others whenever possible.