RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

iUprep students finding a way to be kind!

Kindness. The quality that brightens the lives of many individuals on a daily basis. The quality that we, the contributors of The Random Acts of Kindness Group, think should be implemented in the daily schedule of every iUniversity Prep student.

This project was inspired by the month of December’s “Random Acts of Kindness” theme, created by Emma Johnson. Other contributors include: Alexander Hurst, Nathan Janak, Lauren Lawshe, Kati Moffett, Jaci Pope, Jess Pope, and Jordan Story. The group is overseen by Mr. Carter and Dr. Rogers.

Here are the responses that we have received so far:

Anonymous told Makenna Horne, Lauren Devaul, and Emma Johnson: “I’m really glad that we are friends and I am so glad that I can talk to you when I am upset or lonely.”

Rachel Claxton told all the iUP staff: “Thank you for being the best teacher ever!!!!!!”

Kati Moffett told Jordan Story, Jaci Pope, and Emma Johnson: “Thank y’all so much for being my friends! You guys are amazing and have made my transition to this school so much easier. You make me laugh every day! Can’t wait to meet you!”

Jordan Story told Emma Johnson: “Thanks for coming up with a great idea!”

Anonymous told all the iUP staff: “thanks for helping students not only groups but individually!!! it’s really great.”

Gabrelle (Gabby) bedford told Guin Rogers, Kaedyn Taylor, and Payton Taylor: “you’re super nice and I wanna get to know you better”

Payton Taylor told Novalee Jadlowski: “My best friend, I love her so much and all of her little quirks, she never fails to make me smile and laugh and I can’t wait to see her again”

Payton Taylor told Parker Mccown: “The sweetest! I miss talking to you and you are still one of my best friends. Thank you for being so amazing!”

Payton Taylor told Guin Rogers and Sarah Jagnow “You’re both so quirky and hilarious, and I love the both of you so much. Thank you for standing by me and always having my back!”

Payton Taylor told Lorraine Dewey and Remy Towey: “Thank you guys for always being with me through the hard times. Lorraine, thank you for calling me when I was crying and always making me laugh, and Remy, thank you for making me constantly regret my life decisions and making me laugh until I literally cannot breathe. You two are the best and I can’t wait to formally hang out with you guys before you both leave for college. Thank you being my honey and my hooligan!”

Payton Taylor told Sarah Dancer: “THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. I miss you so much and I hope everything is going well at home. I love you so much and I miss your amazingness. Thank you for always being there for me.”

Anonymous told all of the seventh grade: “Your an Amazing Person, Your smart, kind, and Awesome in your own way.”

Kati Moffett told Mrs. Alwin, Mr. Betancur, Mrs. Matthews, Mr. Wennersten, and Mr. Burch: “Thank you so much for being my awesome teachers! You all have made my transition to this school much easier. Your teaching methods are way more helpful than all of my teachers combined at my old school. That helps me learn faster, easier, and stress free. I may not always be in class, but I am always watching the recordings! Y’all are awesome!”

Novalee Jadlowski told Payton Taylor: “I love you so much, I’m so glad that we’re friends. I’m glad that I can always come to you if I ever need anything. I love you!”

Madi told Remy Towey: “REMY you’re the best you’re always on top of everything and so helpful to the teachers and students. You’re so sweet and make everyone’s journey at iUPrep the best.”

Jaci Pope told Jordan Story and Kati Moffett: “Thanks so much for listening/reading/replying to me ramble on google hangouts so much! Y’all are awesome and I can’t wait to meet y’all in person!”

Jaci Pope told Emma Johnson: “Thanks so much for being such a good friend! You’re also a very hard worker! I can’t wait to meet you in person.”

Kaedy Taylor told Sarah Jagnow, Guin Rogers, Gabby (Gabrelle) Bedford: “I love you guys and I hope you’re having a great day <3”

Lorraine told Remy Towey and Payton Taylor: “I’m so thankful for Remy because she has been there for me when I needed her most. She is the one who brought me to this school, and it is the best school I have ever been to. I thank her as often as I can for introducing me to this school. Remy has literally been there for me when even someone I considered my best friend and sister wasn’t there for me. And Payton. Payton Taylor is amazing. She makes me laugh so much. We just clicked the first time we talked and I’m so glad we met. And when all three of us are together? It’s just simply the best thing in the world. We laugh so much. Remy is the mom of the group even though I’m the oldest. They are seriously amazing and I’m so thankful for them.”

Anonymous  told Payton Taylor: “Thank you for always making me laugh and being a ray of sunshine in my life! You’re such a neat pal and I’m going to miss you so very much when I graduate :’c ! You’re such a neat pal and I’m going to miss you so very much when I graduate :’c”

Sarah Dancer told Payton Taylor: “Thank you for being there for me in one of my darkest hours.”

Alexander Hurst made a video for all of the iUP staff and as much as the ninth grade as possible: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v4UdMLdsfl7Pv0Hbg-kzZw5KlW2rQ3E6/view

Anonymous told Mr. Betancur: “Thank you for being a awesome teacher and always being there for me”

Anonymous told Jordan Story: “Thank you for being my best friend! You are such a great person. Hope we will always be friends.”

Sarah Dancer told Jaci Pope: “Thank you very much for being supportive of me, Jaci. You really made my day when you were talking to me about art. I’m usually very nervous to talk to people about my art, but you made it very relaxing and I felt really happy afterwards! So, Thank you!”

Anonymous told the whole school: “You are beautiful, inside and out.”

“A Random Person” told Isabella Rubio: “You are an amazing person. You are awesome. Never doubt yourself. There will  always be at least one person who cares about you, even in your hardest times. Thank you for being you. (P.S. I love your wattpad books.)”

Lauren Devaul told Jocelyn Green, Nathan Janak, Emma Johnson, Ana Barros, Rachel Claxton, and Rachel Mezger: “I care about you and so do a lot of other people.”

Anonymous told Kati Moffett, Lainey Meyers, and Laura Holztrattner: “Hey YOU are AWESOME!! You are beautiful no matter what anyone says. It matters what is on the INSIDE!!”

Although the project was centered around the month of December, we wish to expand year-round. Further, we are looking into the possibility of creating a club. This would mean more  than just delivering messages. Such as face to face opportunities for everyone to get together and have a great time. We wish to bring as much kindness and joy into our school as possible. In doing so, we cannot achieve this goal without your help!

What can you do to help? Fill out this form to help us to spread kindness and joy school-wide!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeybJkLHEtEwrMdsdTdoW23XslH2Xgn8DpGiDX0azsQK18vsA/viewform#response=ACYDBNjB552mqfsoaeD5Nx-N0Sze6rcU8Lq20OMxrqjcQ8QsfCE70mMx2wr0LQ