• Happy Fall! Time to read some amazing articles! 🍂
  • Look at all the amazing articles written by our awesome writers! 😍
  • Welcome back, iHooters! Join us in Mrs. Harbison's LL Room on Fridays at 9:30

MEET OUR NEW OWL PROFESSOR- MRS. GRIFFIN!

Let’s get to know this owl professor!
Elizabeth George

Sometimes we, as students, dread participating in class. How will others perceive me? Will they disagree with my opinions? Am I giving an accurate answer to the teacher’s question? I’m sure we’ve all had these thoughts at some point. You get really nervous, you panic, and then, as time goes on, you become less involved in the classroom. However, this wasn’t the case in my first lecture with my Spanish 1 teacher, Mrs. Griffin. In her live lessons, I gained a new sense of comfortability. She’s sweet, fun, and loves to bring out the best in all of her students! Her lessons are ones not to miss, and you’ll always be guaranteed to have fun when you enter her room! So, without further ado, let’s get to know more about our amazing new Owl Professor, Mrs. Griffin!

Q- What subject(s) do you teach?

A- Spanish 1 and AP Spanish

Q- Do you have any pets?

A- I do! I have a big dog named DiOggi (pronounced D.O.G.) He’s about 85 pounds and a big scaredy cat! He’s a super sweet boy, though.

Q- What are your hobbies?

A- In my free time I like to read and be outside with my family. We also love to go camping when we can.

Q- What is your favorite food?

A- My favorite foods are seafood and asian food. I really like trying new foods too. My rule is to try everything twice.

Q- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

A- That’s a hard question. My bucket list is pretty long. One of the more unusual places I would like to go is Antarctica. I think that would be a really exciting and memorable experience.

Q- What are some interesting facts about you?

A-  …I lived and studied in Spain for 6 months when I was 20 years old. That was a neat experience. After I was done with my studies, I took a month to backpack by myself. I bought a EuroPass and stopped in cities around Spain, France, England, Belgium and the Netherlands. I highly recommend students try to study abroad if they are able to once they are in college.

Q- What do you love about iUP so far?

A- The students and teachers! It has been so cool to get to know the iUP family. The students are so kind and supportive of each other. Getting to hang out with them is my favorite!

Now that we got to know a little bit about Mrs. Griffin, feel free to reach out and give her a warm welcome to the iUP family! She’s excited to be here, and we’re excited to have her as one of our awesome owl professors!