UT DALLAS

A brief introduction to the University of Texas at Dallas

UT+DALLAS

Here’s a briefer on the University of Texas at Dallas!

1) Campus

Though the campus may not be the oldest, it does look nice. The collective aesthetic of the school looks more like a modern art project rather than a style that emulates the Roman Pantheon. One of the benefits of this is that the buildings are rather modern and allow lots of room to hang out or study.

2) Community and Campus Life

UTD has both a magazine and a newspaper. The library is open 24/5, except during finals week when it is open 24/7. There are both a fitness center and pool. The residence halls seem pretty standard for a bigger school.

There are lots of dining options, although that seems pretty standard. There weren’t a ton of healthy alternatives, which can be a pro or a con depending on how you look at it.

There are many options for getting around campus, such as shuttle buses.

As for student life, there are many student-led clubs. The Greek Life on campus seems rather tame and more like a study club rather than an intense sorority or fraternity.

The most-recognized competitive group on campus is the chess team.

3) Career Prep and Academics

UTD does not have early admission. The SAT and ACT score averages are 25-31 and 1210-1430, respectively. There are many scholarship opportunities. UTD auto-admits students in the top 10% who go to schools in Texas, though this doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll get a scholarship.

Remember, this is only a brief overview! If you are interested in UTD, I urge you to go and visit the campus for yourself before you decide.