TIPS TO FINISH THE SCHOOL YEAR

How to push through the end of the semester.

The end of the school year is fast approaching with only a month left! This brings the promise of summer and relaxation that so many students look forward to. However, with the end of the semester comes finals, STAAR, and AP tests. It can seem almost impossible to make that final push and get through the year, but there are many helpful tips and tricks out there to get you motivated. 

Ms. McFarland who teaches Pre Calculus says, “My number one tip for students is to set a daily goal. Set short-term objectives and reward yourself when you complete them. For example, if you have 5 lessons to complete for the day and you get through all of them, grab an ice cream cone to celebrate!”. Rewarding yourself can help motivate you because the goal you’re working towards will ultimately benefit you in the end. Remember to not only work hard but give yourself breaks as well. Staying organized is also extremely important as the semester comes to an end, it will prevent you from forgetting an assignment or final project. You can either keep track of your work on an app like google calendar or on paper through a planner. It is better to buckle down now and get your assignments done in a timely manner that way by the end of the year you can relax and not worry about having to scramble to finish tests. 

Remember to stay positive throughout the last few weeks. Your teachers have spent the whole year teaching you the material and giving you the skills to be successful on these tests. Summer will be here before you know it, but it’s important not to lose focus on continuing to learn and grow in the meantime. All your teachers believe in you! By staying organized, remembering to take time for yourself along the way, and setting daily goals you can be successful during the end of the semester.