• Happy Fall! Time to read some amazing articles! 🍂
  • Look at all the amazing articles written by our awesome writers! 😍
  • Welcome back, iHooters! Join us in Mrs. Harbison's LL Room on Fridays at 9:30

THE GRIN

THE+GRIN

Note to readers: This is the script for a comic, and the formatting might be a little unfamiliar since it’s not been converted to story form.

(Everyone is on the floor in sleeping bags. Cozy blankets/pillows. They are laughing.)

Oliver: I know! And he pushed the button! I mean, have you not seen a horror movie ever? You DON’T. PUSH. THE BUTTON!

Sage: Yeah, right? He’s so stupid. (She laughs again.) Why are they all so stupid?

Mom: Lights out, people!

Sage: Darn it. I wish we could stay up, y’all, but my mom’s gonna check, and then she won’t let us have cinnamon rolls in the morning. Sorry, it sucks.

Quinn: It’s cool, don’t worry. We can talk more in the morning. (She yawns.) Night, y’all!

(They settle down. The light stays on.) 

(We zoom in on the Nintendo Switch and a creepy glitch/error screen appears.)

Next scene

(In this next scene, the light is off. We can barely see but the characters are still visible/recognizable. Sage sits up and hears a muffled wail.)

(She looks over to Oliver’s sleeping bag to find it empty.) 

Sage: Quinn! What is that?

Quinn: I don’t know. Should we check it out?

(They hesitate for a moment and then link arms and go down the hallway. Hallway is very creepy. They take no lights.)

(Inside the office, it’s a wreck with paper and books everywhere, and destroyed furniture.)

Quinn: What happened here?

(A wail from the corner)

Sage: Oliver?!?!?!

(Oliver reaches towards them. We see that he is badly wounded. There are also scratches on the floor.)

Sage: Who did this to you?

(Oliver coughs, can’t answer. Quinn is slightly behind Sage, and is quietly freaked out, whereas Sage is having a full blown panic attack.)

Quinn: I…someone…is in the house.

Sage: Oliver?!?!? Oliver!!!

(Oliver looks up, eyes wide, and coughs again as he tries to say something.)

(Cut back to Quinn/Sage. Behind them is The Grin’s silhouette with a large crooked smile. At this time we only see the eyes (glowing) and mouth.)

Sage: Oliver?

(The Grin grins. Sage shrieks, runs away, and trips. Her cheek is cut/injured by floor debris.)

Quinn: Sage!!!!!

(Sage wakes up from her dream.)

Sage: Oh…oh. I just had the worst nightmare…well…wait…

(In the background it is visible that Oliver is still missing. Close up of Sage touching the injury on her cheek.)

The light goes off.

Quinn: What-

The door bursts open and we see the full body of The Grin.

Cut to black.