COLLEGE AND CAREER WEEK!

iUniversity Prep’s First College and Career Week

Announcing… College and Career Week!

There is no doubt that planning, preparing, or even thinking about the future can be stressful. Many students are unaware of what they want to do after they graduate, much less the steps they need to take to be successful until then. Lucky for all students, Wisely Parliament’s College and Career Committee is here to help!

Why?

The College and Career Committee’s mission is to help alleviate the pressure and worry of students who are trying to plan their future. To achieve this, there will be events for both middle school and high school students that are focused on various aspects of college and careers. I asked students at our school to see how they feel about their future, and 100% of them responded that things about college or their future career stress them out.

One student who is familiar with the stress of the future is Makenna Horne. She says, “In 11th grade, you are sort of expected to have a plan for your life. But I don’t. I don’t know what I want my career to be. I don’t know where I want to go to college. So it is stressful to be expected to make a major decision that will affect the rest of my life.”  Another student states, “Yes! College does stress me out. Not just college in the future but my overall future. However, I’m trying to manage the stress I am experiencing now before putting all my attention into my future.”

All the details: 

The College and Career Week will take place starting February 21st to the 25th. Throughout this week, we will have a collection of events ranging from Middle School and High School Workshops to a Club Day and even an iUP Alumni Day! Students who attend these events will walk away with a better idea of what they can do to better prepare for the future. Make sure to attend PRIDE on February 21st, as this will be our kick-off event. To keep up to date with all of the events, bookmark this document

Prizes, prizes, prizes!

College and Career Week will not just have all academically focused events. Instead, there will be fun events such as a Spirit Day and a Scavenger Hunt! In addition, there will even be a raffle drawing during the Closing Ceremony where you could have a chance to win the grand prize. You can even start earning raffle tickets today; check this document to see how! 

Another opportunity to win a prize will take place during Club Day where we will play a fun game, and the person to place first place will win a prize! Try your luck at the college and career-themed multi-level Scavenger Hunt for a chase to win a prize, but you better be fast because the prize goes to the first person to correctly place through all of the levels!

All in all: 

College and career can be stressful topics to discuss or think about, but it doesn’t have to this year. Thanks to College and Career Week, all students at iUP will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge on many topics that will aid them in their future. Make sure you mark your calendars from the 21st to the 25th to participate in this amazing week of events!