HAPPENING THIS WEEK

A Bite-Size Update

en.wikipedia.org

en.wikipedia.org

Hadley Doyle, Staff Writer

With all of the hate and bitter in our world Oklahoma City is trying to spread kindness through the month of September. They are asking people to do “one act of kindness” daily for the month of September. It could be anything as small as opening the door for someone who has a hand full of groceries, buy someone lunch, or even helping someone in a time of need. Once you have done your act of kindness share a photo on social media with the hashtag #onekindthing.

On September 8 around 3 a.m. there was a shooting at Alpine High School. The shooting happened outside the restroom by the school’s band hall. The shooter was found dead and 2 people are possibly injured. Police don’t know if 2 students were for sure injured because this happened minutes ago, so they are investigating the scene.

Tim Tebow, the guy who played college football for the University of Florida. He won the heisman trophy in 2007. After his college football career was completed he got drafted to the Denver Broncos and played with them for 2 seasons. He also played for the New York Jets. Tebow was then cut from the Jets because he didn’t have a strong enough arm to throw, so he then was a sports reporter for SEC network. Tim always wanted to be a professional athlete so he continued his passion to play professional sports. He wanted to give a shot in pro baseball so he held a private workout for all 32 MLB teams and the New York Mets signed him to a minor league contract September 8, 2016.